Crust Club Founder. Food Lover. Recipe Creator.
I don't usually buy croutons because my kids will eat them as a snack and they'd disappear in minutes. However, these homemade sourdough croutons are so yummy, especially when served with my Tuscan Pesto Tomato Soup. They couldn't be easier to make!
Homemade Sourdough Croutons
- 1 loaf sourdough bread (to make 4 cups bread crumbs)
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1. Cut sourdough bread into one inch, thick slices. Cut slices into cubes until you have 4 cups.
- 2. In a bowl, combine melted butter, olive oil, spices and herbs. Stir to combine.
- 3. Pour bread cubes into bowl. Using a large spoon or clean hands, mix bread cubes until completely coated.
- 4. Bake croutons at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden and crisp, turning croutons over halfway through.