Crust Club Founder. Food Lover. Recipe Creator.
Simple, yummy and fresh recipes are my thing. I like to make dinners that don't require hours to make or a lot of specialty ingredients. I got this recipe from my sister-in-law years ago and I have loved it ever since! It's so quick and easy to make and my family loves it. It's perfect as "one dish" dinner for your family or makes a great main dish or side for a big group.
Chicken Pesto Pasta
- 1.5 lb chicken breasts OR 1 large rotisserie chicken
- 1 lb farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 2 cups frozen peas, cooked
- 7 oz pesto (I like Buitoni)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- few handfuls baby spinach
- 1. Salt and pepper raw chicken. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-40 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts. Dice baked chicken. OR dice up rotisserie chicken.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook pasta and peas according to package directions.
- 3. Combine cooked pasta, chicken and peas into a large bowl.
- 4. Pour pesto and ranch over the pasta mixture and stir with a large spoon until all ingredients are combined.
- 5. Salt and pepper pasta to taste if needed.
- 6. Add a few handfuls of baby spinach to the pasta. Stir just until combined.